Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Return from the South

Well, we've just returned to Bombay from our trip to Pondicherry. It was my first time visiting the South -- it was very different from the other areas I've seen in India, and somewhat more comical (I think it was all the moustaches).

Pondicherry was very beautiful and quaint with all the French touches (our hotel was on Rue de Romain something something). Also unusual were all the Europeans who seem to flock to the Aurobindo ashram, and nearby Auroville, a "perfect community." Very cultish.

Our hotel was also amazing -- it was a restored French villa, and part of the Neemrana chain (Google it). Tres romantique!

I'd like to post pictures but I'm too lazy to figure out how to connect my camera to this computer, so it will have to wait. Goochi leaves tonight for the States, and I'll be here for another week or so.

Au revoir for now!

1 comment:

Sanjay said...

au revoir mon ami!