Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bombay 50

Tater-tot and Imran Khan

The view of Marine Drive from Dome

Chetan enjoys dessert at Govinda's

Tater-tot, Gayathiri, and Goochi

A few more days have passed in Bombay -- more shopping, more eating, and a great fillum (Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na). One thing I'm loving about the "new" India is the fact that nobody gives a hoot who you are, what you're wearing, or where you're from. It is really liberating. The last time I was here that was definitely not theh case, but the last time I was here I was also with a 5'10" white girl (hi Rob!) so that might have had some impact on the situation.

I think the pollution is getting to Gootchi. She is miserably rubbing her nose and eyes while the exhaust fumes spew over us -- though actually I find the pollution much more bearable than my last visit (and much better than Beijing).

Off to Goa this evening to enjoy the "dead" season -- it will be totally empty right now.

3 comments:

thdblog.wordpress.com said...

Awesome pictures! If you can grab some music for me for the shaadi (for yours as well...haha).

Sarah Old School said...

V!

Sounds like you are doing it up right in Bombay. Say hello to Supna for me. We missed you terribly on the sailboat...this time the little boy with the blue eyes and the drunken captain were replaced by hot hot caribbean men!
Gole Gole!

Sanjay said...

hey lady!!! grab some bollywood tunes for me!!! and don't stay out in the sun too long without SPF!